KNG2-P150 VHF 136-174 MHz
- New Large Color LCD
- Louder and clearer audio
- On the fly dynamic grouping of up to 5000 channels.
- 12+ hours of operation on a single charge, up to 22 hours with high capacity battery.
- Flex Mode APCO P25 digital and Analog in one radio.
- Light weight, yet built BK tough!
- Easy operation.
- Intuitive Programming.
- Field programmable.
- Powerful 6 watt transceiver.
KNG2-P150 Portable P25 Digital Portable Two-way Radios
The KNG2 has loud, crisp audio, using a larger enhanced speaker and is equipped with a bright color screen and larger display area. In addition to this, the KNG2 is IP67 dust, water tight, and durable in any environment.
1-6 Watts RF Power Output
Extend the radio’s reach with up to 6 Watts of signal clarity. High and low settings are programmable by channel for power efficiency.
5000 Channels, Dynamic Grouping
Custom-tailored user groups can be programmed into the KNG by radio users and can also be field changed or reprogrammed whenever necessary.
100 Programmable Quick Call ID’s
Connect with select radio users easily and ASAP through RELM’s Quick Call function.
Channel/Priority/Dual Mode/Group Scan
Find an available channel for communications: scan by channel, priority channel, or scan by groups, one group at a time. Dual Mode Scan allows you to simultaneously scan conventional and trunked radio systems.
Problem Prevention Features
The Keypad lock prevents you from accidentally hitting a button that may activate functions unintentionally.
Only RELM Wireless goes the extra mile to create a truly birdie free radio, which means there are no blacked out frequencies on our portable.
DVSI AMBE+2 Version 1.60 Vocoder
The version 1.60 Vocoder provides improved RF performance in a variety of degraded signal conditions. It also provides enhanced audio signal conditioning which improves system performance in the presence of background noise.
Users sending text messages receive an acknowledgement that deliver of the message was successful. Text Messages can be sent radio-to-radio or can be repeated through fixed network equipment.
Superior Audio Quality
The KNG comes equipped with a 1.6” diameter speaker, giving you the loudest and clearest sound with the least distortion.
Long Battery Life
The KNG works as long as you do, putting in 12+ hours of reliable communication everyday. Upgrade to a compact 3600 mAH battery and boost your battery life up to 22 hours.
Our intuitive menu system and feature set is fully customized to fit your everyday needs.
Waterproof IP67 Rating
Dust tight and waterproof - the KNG Portable is especially designed to withstand 30 minutes of water immersion at 1 meter depth.
The KNG Portable has gone through rigorous testing and meets or exceeds military requirements.
APCO Project 25
The KNG Portable meets or exceeds APCO P25 standards.
Large Color LCD Display
Day or night, get all the information at a glance with our bright 13 character, 5 line LCD Display..
Field or USB Programmable
Ease of use. The KNG can be programmed via USB port on virtually any PC.
This feature allows you to bypass or “talk around” a repeater for a direct connection.
KNG series radios support emergency calls and emergency alarms at the touch of the orange button.
- The KNG 9600 Baud Trunking option gives you the ability to communicate without hassle and without complication. Compatible with competitor Trunking systems, RELM Wireless Trunking is P25 compliant and loaded with features, such as encryption and many unit-to-unit specializations. Best of all you get RELM’s ease of use. Using our intuitive software, modifying your KNG Trunking features will be simple.
- Programmable Option for bluetooth enables wireless connectivity to bluetooth accessories.
- Over-the-air re-keying is an easy solution to efficiently change encryption keys. Completed almost effortlessly, encryption keys are changed over the air with a touch of a button.
Wireless Tactical OTAR
- With RELM’s Wireless Tactical OTAR (WTO), you are provided with the flexibility to upgrade encryption keys wirelessly and effortlessly without ancillary equipment, infrastructure or key management facilities. WTO operates radio-to-radio and is completely contained in the KNG radio units, which means no additional equipment is required beyond initialization.
- RELM Wireless Over-the-air-programming gives you the ability to reprogram a unit from a central console to anywhere within your coverage area. It allows for you to make the necessary changes to a remote radio without the hassle of extra personnel, wasted time, and additional equipment.
Multicast Vote Scan
- Multicast Vote Scan capable KNG Series radios automatically select the best site to operate from in a wide area system. Channels in the multicast conventional system are added to the scar list and designated as “voted” channels. The KNG Radio scans all voted channels and selects the channel with the best signal.
- AES and DES (Digital Encryption Standard) allows you to communicate with other radios that have the specific key programmed. RELM’s AES/DES Encryption is NIST certified, validated FIPS 140-2 Type III encryption with a 256 key load.
|Long Name||RELM BK Portable Radio KNG2-P150, Digital APCO P25, VHF 136-174 MHZ, 5000 Channels, 6 Watt, Full Keypad|
|Product Name||KNG2-P150 VHF 136-174 MHz|
|This Product Replaces The Following SKUs||No|
|Frequency Range (Band)||VHF|
|# of Channels||5000|
|Technology||APCO P25 Digital|
|Transmit Power||6 Watts|
|Screen Type||Color LCD|
|Water Rating||IP67 Submersible|
|Buttons On Faceplate||Field Programmable Keypad (DTMF)|
|Programming Options||Clone, Keypad (direct entry), PC Computer|
|GPS Enabled||GPS Optional|
|Explosive Environment Rating||Intrinsically Safe Optional|
|CMD Feature Set||No|
Radio, Manual, Side Port Cover
|Frequency Range||136 – 174 MHz|
|Battery Life (up to)||12+ Hours|
|Zones (up to)||32|
|Operating Voltage||10 V|
|Channel Spacing||12.5/25 kHz|
|Channel Increments||1.25 kHz|
|Operating Temperature||-30 °C to +60 °C|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||2.5 x 1.8 x 5.5 in|
|Weight w/ Battery||16 oz|
|Standby Current Draw||75 mA|
|Sensitivity: 12db SINAD||-121 dBm|
|P25 Sensitivity: 5% BER||-121 dBm|
|Adjacent Channel Rejection||80 (70) dB|
|P25 Adjacent Channel Rejection||60 dB|
|Spurious and Images||80 dB|
|Intermodulation Rejection||78 dB|
|Audio Response||+1dB / -3dB|
|Audio Distortion at 500 mW||1 %|
|RX Current Draw||150 mA|
|RF Power||6/5/1 Watts|
|Frequency Stability||1.5 ppm|
|Modulation Deviation||5 (2.5) kHz|
|Audio Distortion||3 %|
|FM Hum and Noise||50 (44) dB|
|Spurious and Harmonics||75 dB|
|Current Draw @ High Power||1500 mA|
|Audio Response||+1 db / -3 dB|