KNG-M APCO P25 Digital Dash Mount Mobile Radios
Starting at $3,808.05
- KNG-M150 VHF 136-174 MHz
- KNG-M400 UHF 380-470 MHz
- KNG-M500 UHF 440-520 MHz
- KNG-M800 763-870 MHz
- Approved for Cal Fire and USFS
BK Radio KNG DASH MOUNT MOBILE RADIOS
The KNG Series Mobile Radio, the first mobile radio with a touch screen display in the industry. The KNG Series Mobile offers exceptional features for both standard (50 Watt) and high power (100 Watt) applications. The Bendix King KNG Mobile is offered in four frequency bands. The KNG series Dash Mount Mobiles are smart and easy to customize to fit your everyday needs.
Available radio models include:
- KNG-M150 136-174 MHz - CAL FIRE and USFS
- KNG-M400 380-470 MHz
- KNG-M500 440-520 MHz
- KNG-M800 763-870 MHz - 800 MHz Trunking Systems
5000 CHANNELS, DYNAMIC ZONING - Custom-tailored user zones can be programmed into the KNG Mobile by radio users and can also be field changed or reprogrammed whenever necessary.
PC OR FIELD PROGRAMMABILITY - Program the KNG Mobile out in the field in minutes using an easy to use customize-able menu system, or simply plug in your laptop via USB port on the front of the unit.
MIXED-MODE OPERATION - Whether analog or digital, communicate effortlessly to either mode with RELM’s Mixed-mode feature.
TALK AROUND - This feature allows you to bypass or “talk around” a repeater for a direct connection.
CHANNEL/PRIORITY/GROUP SCAN - Find an available channel for communications: scan channel, priority channel, or scan by zones, one zone at a time.
CUSTOM MENU SYSTEM - Our intuitive menu system gives you full control. Fully customize the menu to fit your everyday needs.
MIL-STD 810 C/D/E/F/G - The KNG Mobile has gone through rigorous testing and meets or exceeds military requirements.
- EMERGENCY SIGNALING - KNG series radios support emergency calls and emergency alarms at the touch of the orange button.
TEXT MESSAGING - Users sending text messages receive an acknowledgement that deliver of the message was successful. Text Messages can be sent radio-to-radio or can be repeated through fixed network equipment.
ALPHA-NUMERIC TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY - The KNG Mobile’s innovative color TFT touch screen display solves many issues seen in existing mobile radio control heads. Day or night, get all the information you need right at your fingertips.
SMALL PACKAGE HIGH AND MID POWER - Only the KNG Mobile offers 50 Watt and 110 (VHF) Watt power in a same size package - small and compact to fit neatly in your dashboard.
BIRDIE FREE - Only RELM Wireless goes the extra mile to create a truly birdie free radio, which means there are no blacked out frequencies on this mobile.
256 PROGRAMMABLE QUICK CALL ID’S - Designed to prevent other radio communications and interference on channels being used.
PROBLEM PREVENTION FEATURES - The Keypad lock prevents you from accidentally hitting a button that may activate functions unintentionally.
DVSI AMBE+2 VERSION 1.60 VOCODER - The version 1.60 Vocoder provides improved RF performance in a variety of degraded signal conditions. It also provides enhanced audio signal conditioning which improves system performance in the presence of background noise.
- HIGH POWER (110 WATT) - The high power option for the KNG mobile is the size as the 50 Watt - no external fixture needed to be added (The high power option is only available for the VHF KNG-M150 model). The high power feature can be software enabled in the field for when you need it most. 110 Watts of RF output will further the range of the mobile and increase its capability.
- GPS - The GPS option allows you to know where you and your team are at any given moment (P25 Tier 1 Location Services Compliant). Longitude and latitude coordinates will provide your exact location, or the location of another KNG, anywhere in the world. This is time saving and highly valuable when calling for backup in emergency situations.
- REMOTE HEAD / DUAL HEAD - No more room in your dash or need access to the radio in the back of the rig? Opt for the remote mount kit. With the remote mount option, you get a fully functional touch screen mobile face which allows for ease of use while in the cab of your vehicle. This kit comes complete with mounting hardware and cables. (This option must be purchased in addition to a KNG Series Mobile if you don't have one already)
- P25 TRUNKING - The KNG P25 Trunking option gives you the ability to communicate without hassle and without complication. Compatible with competitor Trunking systems, RELM Wireless Trunking is 9600 Baud P25 compliant and loaded with features, such as encryption and many unit-to-unit specializations. Best of all you get BK Technologies ease of use. Using our intuitive software, modifying your KNG Trunking features will be simple.
- OTAR - Over-the-air re-keying is an easy solution to efficiently change encryption keys. Completed almost effortlessly, encryption keys are changed over the air with a touch of a button.
- WIRELESS TACTICAL OTAR - BK Technologies Wireless Tactical OTAR (WTO), you are provided with the flexibility to upgrade encryption keys wirelessly and effortlessly without ancillary equipment, infrastructure or key management facilities. WTO operates radio-to-radio and is completely contained in the KNG radio units, which means no additional equipment is required beyond initialization.
- OTAP - BK Technologies Over-the-air-programming gives you the ability to reprogram a unit from a central console to anywhere within your coverage area. It allows for you to make the necessary changes to a remote radio without the hassle of extra personnel, wasted time, and additional equipment.
- MULTICAST VOTE SCAN - Multicast Vote Scan capable KNG Series radios automatically select the best site to operate from in a wide area system. Channels in the multicast conventional system are added to the scar list and designated as “voted” channels. The KNG Radio scans all voted channels and selects the channel with the best signal.
- AES/DES/OFB ENCRYPTION - AES and DES (Digital Encryption Standard) allows you to communicate with other radios that have the specific key programmed. RELM’s AES/DES Encryption is NIST certified, validated FIPS 140-2 Type III encryption with a 256 key load.
*Is your Budget an issue, Check out the DMH5992X Mobile Radio for a lower cost P25 digital mobile radio
|Long Name||BK Radio KNG-M Series Digital Mobile Radios, Dash Mount, 5000 Channels, 50 Watt, P25|
|Product Name||KNG-M APCO P25 Digital Dash Mount Mobile Radios|
|This Product Replaces The Following SKUs||KNG-M150, KNG-M400, KNG-M500, KNG-M800|
|# of Channels||5000|
|Mounting Type||Dash Mount|
|Technology||APCO P25 Digital|
|Transmit Power||50 Watts|
|Screen Type||Color LCD|
|Buttons On Faceplate||Field Programmable Keypad (DTMF)|
|Microphone Options||Standard, DTMF Keypad, Handheld Control Head, Desktop|
|Programming Options||Clone, Keypad (direct entry), PC Computer|
|GPS Enabled||GPS Optional|
|Explosive Environment Rating||Not Rated|
Radio, Install Kit, External Speaker, Manual
|Frequency Range||136 – 174 MHz|
|Zones (up to)||5000|
|Operating Voltage||12 VDC (Nominal), Negative Ground|
|Channel Spacing||12.5/25 and 15/30 kHz|
|Channel Increments||1.25/3.125 kHz|
|Operating Temperature||-30 °C to +60 °C|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||7.25″ x 9.25″ x 2.25″|
|Weight||7 lbs. 9oz.|
|Standby Current Draw||150 mA|
|P25 Sensitivity: 5% BER||-121 dBm|
|Adjacent Channel Rejection||80 (70) dB|
|P25 Adjacent Channel Rejection||60 dB|
|Spurious and Images||80 dB|
|Intermodulation Rejection||78 dB|
|Audio Distortion at 5W||2 %|
|RF Power (Watts)||10 – 50
50 – 100
|Frequency Stability||1.5 ppm|
|Audio Distortion||3 %|
|FM Hum and Noise||50 (45) dB|
|Spurious and Harmonics||75 dB|
|Current Draw||15 A
|Emission Designators||11K0F3E, 16K0F1E,8K0F3E, 8K0F1E|
Note: Narrowband specifications are denoted in parenthesis.